Re: Some suggestions

On 2003.01.09 16:36 Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Well, since it's late and I won't have time to investigate all
> this on Bugzilla, here are my impressions after using Balsa
> 2.0.5 as my main client for two days:
>
> - There are some corruption problems with displaying and
> storing of some messages. Not easily reproducible but a bug
> report is in Bugzilla nevertheless.

In my experience, the libmutt mailstore is pretty robust, except
for the known weaknesses of mbox and mh systems. In particular, I
haven't seen this type of corruption without some outside agent
changing a file while Balsa had it open.

> - When entering a large number of email adresses in the To:
> line, you can't see completion of the email messages at the
> right end of the entry widget. This is a bug.

Yes, it is. Balsa uses a hacked GtkEntry to carry out address
completion, and it's not in the best shape.

> - The addressbook functionality could use some sprucing up (but
> I guess that means revamping GnomeCard).
>
> - In the print menu, when you are doing changes, you only have
> two buttons: Apply and Cancel but the Apply button is always
> greyed out. You changes are taken into account but it's just
> weird behaviour froma UI perspective.

Which print menu is that? On my box, the dialog that pops up when
you hit the `print' toolbar button has `Print Preview', `Cancel',
and `Print' buttons.

Did you mean the prefs window? Changes that don't need to be held
for the `Apply' button are indeed immediate. However, some
require synchronization, and they are held over for `Apply'. You
can tell which those are, because the `Apply' button becomes
sensitive!

> - Signatures are not always appended correctly

That should be fixable!

> - If you set the Request Disposition Notification option while
> composing a message, it stay on and affects all subsequent
> messages. It should either affect  only the current message, or
> be moved to the Preferences menu.

Agreed.

> - It would be nice to be able to sort messages by subject
> matter or by sender. This isn't currently possible, I think.

Hmm--I guess we never got around to implementing that!