Re: Some suggestions

On 2003.01.09 21:36:52 +0000 Laurent Duperval wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Well, since it's late and I won't have time to investigate all this on
> Bugzilla, here are my impressions after using Balsa 2.0.5 as my main client
> for two days:
>
> - There are some corruption problems with displaying and storing of some
> messages. Not easily reproducible but a bug report is in Bugzilla
> nevertheless.

store corruption ? could you elaborate please ? that is very disturbing

> - The addressbook functionality could use some sprucing up (but I guess
> that means revamping GnomeCard).

that's a bit of swampy area, iirc there's a new gnome-pim maintainer but
i dunno what exactly will happen to it. gnome1.4 was gnome-pim+gnome-pilot+...
while gnome2 now is gnome-pilot+evolution+*nothing* and that i don't like.
if push comes to shove i guess we should pickup gnome-pim and move it to
gnome2, it's certainly better than writing an address book into balsa

> - Signatures are not always appended correctly

could you elaborate ?

> - If you set the Request Disposition Notification option while composing a
> message, it stay on and affects all subsequent messages. It should either
> affect  only the current message, or be moved to the Preferences menu.

hum, seems an obvious enough bug :)

> - I couldn't figure out how to print a message. Most likely a
> keyboard-and-chair problem.

or a gnomeprint configuration issue, i just trust my distro to do it
Right for me and try to keep away from it :)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds