Re: Several balsa bugs I'm about to submit to bugzilla.

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:51:22, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 15:01:57, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>

> > Sure, but I want a "forward inline with all headers". This is because very
> > often
> > I need to edit the headers before forwarding the message. A lot of spam I
> > receive
> > is actually from accounts on other servers that forward to my account, and
> > in that
> > case I need to remove the last one or two Received: headers. As well as the
> > headers that spamassassin adds. Otherwise that would confuse the recipient.
> >

> When I read abuse@ at work (sigh) I ignore the reports that contain obviously
> edited messages. I believe that's the common practice. Not relevant to the
> feature discussion, but relevant to your success :)

I do also read abuse@ at work. I feel your pain ;) But as a regular abuse
report submitter, it is however _also_ the reality that often if you include
the spam as an message/rfc822 attachment all too often the abusedesk mails
back "please include full headers" because their mail program doesn't
show it. Frustrating but unfortunately all too common.

> > Evolution always includes the From/To/Cc/Subject/MessageId headers when
> > forwarding
> > inline, which is a seperate issue, but which is a very good idea
> > nonetheless.
> >

> I rather dislike the outlook way of reply/forward but that's a personal
> taste.

Outlook reply sucks. But when a message is forwarded to me I find it
very useful if some of the original headers are there, otherwise
you never can tell who the original sender and original recipient were.

Mike.