Re: Getting Balsa into Gnome 2.6?

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 19:31, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> I don't see that as a problem, Balsa is a MUA while Evo is a uhhh, PIM :)

And Emacs is an editor, but can send mail too ;-)

> So far balsa releases have been mismatched (read - late :)) with GNOME
> releases and that's been the major problem. But as you can see balsa is in
> cvs.gnome.org and there is a balsa.gnome.org - balsa is a gnome project. Iirc
> balsa was almost in fifth toe 1.4 but we weren't quite happy about the
> release available at the launch date so it didn't go in.
> Maybe it's time to start looking into this again!

Actually, I read that Balsa _is_ in Fifth Toe:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-October/msg00266.html
http://5toe.lyrical.net/?action=packages&package=balsa

I guess it went there because an email agent wasn't considered part of
the "core desktop". But if this is going to change, it would be a pity
if Evolution slips in just because Balsa is listed on the wrong page.

Gerardo