Re: Getting Balsa into Gnome 2.6?

Am 01.12.2003 11:06 schrieb(en) Gerardo Ballabio:
> Hi all Balsa people,
> I've just read that Evolution has been proposed for inclusion into
> the
> Gnome 2.5 Modules List, http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/modules/ (to
> go
> into Gnome 2.6).
>
> I believe that Balsa is a better Gnome email client than Evolution:
> smaller and more integrated, sort of Epiphany vs. Galeon. I don't
> need
> calendaring and weather forecasts to read my email! (Plus also like
> Balsa more on aesthetic grounds, but maybe it's just me.)

Funny, you wrote that mail with evo. ;)

Fact is that they proposed the new evolution-2.0 package, which
includes some major changes for "gnomification", and really sounds
promising. And I don't have any doubts it will be accepted.

> Therefore, I suggest that you also propose Balsa for inclusion.
> Balsa,
> not Evolution, should be "THE Gnome email client". If Evolution goes
> in,
> then it'll be too late!

Why "too late"? noone forces you to use epiphany right now. I'm still
using galeon, which I like much more than epiphany, and you'll also be
able to continue using balsa for mailing if you want.

My personal opinion is that balsa still isn't ready for gnome-
integration, and I'm not even sure if it's the way the developers want
it to go.

bye,

Darko Obradovic

PGP signature