Re: Some thoughts on the new message parts UI (long!)

Am 22.08.03 18:37 schrieb(en) Steffen Klemer:
> I proposed this to simplify the whole thing for not that advanced users.
> So the experts have the tree on the 2nd tab and everybody else has the
> real content (images, patches, programs) and not multipart/alternative
> or the gpg-container. In case of an attached msg just the text with
> headers and all the relevant attachments.

O.k., got your point... What do you think about three additional radio
buttons in the "view" menu (don't nail me down on the labels, please...):

( ) message texts only
( ) inlined attachments
( ) all attachments

The first option would produce what we have now (only headers, message
texts and signature infos). The second would additionally show all
attachments with "inline" disposition mode, and the third would show
everything.

Comments?

> And a normally a msg doesn't have 10 attachments, or? Otherwise the tabs
> are srcrollable (does gtk supports this, or is galeon a hack?) and you

Supported by gtk.

> Perhaps with a little bit more thoughts it can ease the use of Balsa
> much. (not everybody likes to know the whole msg-structure and overlooks
> the important attachments...)
> And it's fast for the dayly use (a mail from my grandpa has pictures but
> not gpg-sig, no attached msg and and and ;)

That's correct... After reading all those rfc's (and trying to understand
their contents), you'll get a differnt view :-/

Cheers, Albrecht.

 Albrecht Dreß  -  Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13  -  D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
       Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:albrecht.dress@arcor.de

PGP signature