Re: Proposal for a new Preferences window

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:24:01AM +0100, Steffen Klemer wrote:
> Am 2002.11.17 01:09 schrieb(en) Carlos Morgado:
>    > On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 05:45:11PM +0100, Steffen Klemer wrote:
>    > > I searched through the web, read many documents and scratched my
>    > mind...
>    > >
>    > > You can find it at http://private.addcom.de/moh/balsa_prefs.html
>    > >
>    >   >   >  Moving and Deleting (or "modiefying" or so)
>    >   >   - Commit changes immediately
>    >   > are you refering to delete messages imediatly ? it's diferent from
>    > commit
>    > changes.
>    >
> Yes, but I wanted to expand it a bit to commit ALL changes immediately
> (I'm sure it will be helpful for some people)

it doesn't work quite that way. if we make imap totally synchronous it gets
very booring

>    >   > there's a new timed-auto-commit feature on HEAD that should be
> upported
>    > to 2 any time now and introduces depencies with hide deleted.
>
> Cool, that would also make the "close mailbox if unused" needless

no, they are pretty much orthogonal. you might want to auto closes boxes
to avoid nasty server timeouts or simply cause you don't use mailbox tabs
and don't remember which are open

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the
universe." -- Carl Sagan