Re: [BUG REPORT] balsa crashes upon receiving new mail

On 2002.03.13 15:20:47 +0000 Nuno Monteiro wrote:
> On 13.03.02 10:52 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>>

> Ok, I now traced the problem a little further, it turned out to be a
> classic case of PEBKAC ;) Please remind me to never hack .procmailrc at odd
> hours of the night, it's always bad news! Oddly enough, I had two bad
> procmail recipes, mail was being delivered to <maildir>/cur instead of
> <maildir>/new. Even more oddly, out of 80 something different mailboxes
> with correct procmail recipes, those were the _two_ mailboxes I had opened,
> which made balsa crash. But, since I fixed .procmailrc, everything is
> kosher, no more crashes. Someone hand me the brown paper bag, please 8)
> *sigh*

glad to see everything's peachy, but i guess i should investigate that
further as it prolly means balsa will crash if you touch a maildir while
balsa has it open

>> atm that's cosmetic iirc. important is bindex gets correctly updated.
>> doesn't it ?
>
> Yes, its merely cosmetic, bindex gets updated correctly, everything works
> as expected, just the unread message count wont budge. That hurts my
> aesthetic taste somewhat, but it's something I can definitely live with 8)

yeah it's generaly annoying and must be fixed, but i was linking it with the
maildir problem

[snip]

> And the second case happens in threaded view. In a thread with a couple of
> messages nested in several layers, expanded (^E) to view the full tree,
> when I double click any message that has some more messages nested below
> it, they will all be collapsed from that point. It shouldn't be, right?

no, that's the Amazing CTree acting up. fortunatly gtk+2 kills gtkctree :)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds