porting to GNOME2 - some thoughts

Hello,

For those interested in porting balsa to GNOME2: Thanks to Peter
Bloomfield's persistence, balsa compiles now with GNOME2.

I have even been able to browse message sources by disabling message
preview and choosing upper-most icon from the context menu. :-) But,
there is still lot to do.

The observations:
a). text message preview does not work because GtkTextView gets
confused when placed in a GtkScrolledWindow and keeps revaluating its
size forever. I do not know whether it is abug in GtkTextView or in the
way we use it...

b). changing message selection with left button does not work. It work
with the right button.

c). There are no texts in the context menu (this seems easy).

d). viewing source from the main menu does not work (Why).

-pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH