[BUG REPORT] balsa crashes upon receiving new mail

Hi guys,

I reported this over the weekend, I think it went unnoticed, so I'll just
nag you again ;)

Ever since I upgraded to 1.3.3 cvs (which happened over the weekend, when
Pawel fixed the _N / TRUE / FALSE clash), I have been able to
successfully crash balsa just by receiving email via POP3. I just cvs
update'd to see if there was any changing in that front, and indeed there
is. Previously, Balsa would crash if there was any mail to be delivered
to any of the mailboxes I had opened at the time, I mean, it checked all
accounts just fine, download the mail, and then when the popup window was
reading "Local mail", it crashed. With today's CVS (as of around 22:00
GMT march 12th), the behaviour is a little different - I check my  mail,
there are messages delivered to mailboxes I have opened but Balsa doesnt
crash, instead it doesnt show those new messages in the index, and while
on that state, it will crash if I try to open any message (double click
on it, to open in a separate window). If I close and re-open the mailbox,
it'll work as expected. The GDB trace is as follows:

0x80b5f8c in libbalsa_message_is_multipart (message=0x82fd870) at
message.c:898
898         return msg_header->content->type == TYPEMULTIPART;
(gdb) bt
#0  0x80b5f8c in libbalsa_message_is_multipart (message=0x82fd870)
     at message.c:898
#1  0x807bf2e in enable_message_menus (message=0x82fd870) at
main-window.c:1064
#2  0x807fffc in balsa_window_select_message_cb (widget=0x81e8bf0,
message=0x82fd870, bevent=0x0, data=0x8172420) at main-window.c:3017
#3  0x40cdf48d in gtk_marshal_NONE__POINTER_POINTER ()
    from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
#4  0x40d11f36 in gtk_signal_emit () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
Cannot access memory at address 0xad

As stated previously, all the mailboxes are Maildir type, and mail is
filtered through procmail upon receiving.

Ok, that one is reported, but there's two other things I feel are worth
mentioning:

First, Balsa is not properly updating the Unread Messages count, in the
mailboxes pane. If I open a mailbox with 100 unread messages, it'll stay
at 100, unless I either (a) close and re-open that mailbox or (b) read
(or mark as read) _ALL_ the messages.

Secondly, there is some misbehave in the dynamic signature changing, when
cruising through different identities. I have an identity whose signature
is a perl script that spews out random quotes. It works fine of course,
but if I try to change to another identity afterwards, the signature wont
change. This only happen with 'executable' signatures, If they are plain
text they'll be changed without problems. But once you change to an
identity whose signature is executable and try to change the identity
again, the signature will remain of the previous identity. God, my
phrasing is confusing, too many instances of 'signature' and 'identity'
in the same sentence... Please bear with me, I'm dog tired and half
asleep :) Anyway, if you guys cant figure out what I'm mumbling about
I'll try to re-word it in a more civil manner tomorrow. Right now, I'm
going to bed.

Thanks :)

Regards,

    -- nuno