Re: gpg support?

On 2002.01.09 17:05:57 +0000 Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > > Laurent Cheylus and I are currently working on it. We will be using
> > > the gpgme library (www.gnupg.org) to implement it.
> > well i have investigated a lot of hours into MUTT the past weeks and
> > don't understand why we need to use the gpgme library at all. mutt
> > supports pgp and gpg out of the house already. wouldn't it make more
> > sense using these stuff that already exists ?
>
> That's what I thought at first too. Well, it seems libmutt is probably
> going to be dropped in the future and mutt's GPG/PGP configuration is
> not that easily made 'user-friendly'. I don't think we want 'normal'
> users to have to enter all that - I (while using mutt for over 5
>  years) had some problems understanding and installing mutt GPG
> support.

there's the libmutt might be droped thing and there's the mutt gpg/pgp
code is even sicker than gpgme thing.

the idea here is a get some nice balsa code that can be easily converted
to some future gpg api that doesn't blow dead bears like all the current
ones.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds