Re: Suggestions for Balsa

On 2001.10.06 23:24 Jon Tai wrote:
>> I concur that Outlook express in broken in this respect, and
>> squirrelmail behaviour can be considered as a, hm, feature.
>
> Agreed, but the alternative would be writing UW IMAP and telling them
> their server is broken, writing Squirrelmail telling them to remove
> support for UW IMAP, and then writing Microsoft, which of course would
> do no good.

I have actually asked Mark Crispin (UW-IMAP author) regarding this and he
claims that giving no \NoSelect flag in LSUB response does not mean the
mailbox in question is SELECTable (as opposed to: returning \NoSelect
means that mailbox cannot be SELECTed). So balsa has to go and either
request flags using LIST or try selecting the mailbox (and then possibly
change its status to non-selectable).

Still, I think my opinion about other mail programs is correct.

/Pawel