Re: Suggestions for Balsa

Peter:

1)  Thanks for the multiple message moving tip!

2)  UW IMAP is kind of weird.  It allows folders to contain subfolders OR
messages, but not both.  So let's say I have a folder named "Mailfolder"
that contains mail and a folder named "Folder" that contains two
subfolders, "Subfolder 1" and "Subfolder 2".  The two subfolders both
contain mail.  Other mail clients, (ie. Squirrelmail, Outlook, Outlook
Express) all recognize "Folder" to be a non-selectable folder, but Balsa
thinks "Folder" is a selectable mailbox and displays it as a mailbox, so
clicking on it generates an annoying little Select error.  With UW IMAP
the list of subscribed folders looks like:

Mailfolder
Folder
Folder/Subfolder 1
Folder/Subfolder 2

If I edit the file and remove "Folder":

Mailfolder
Folder/Subfolder 1
Folder/Subfolder 2

I get the desired behavior in Balsa ("Folder" is recognized as a folder),
but all my other mail clients break.  I don't know how to dump the dialog
with the server... if you could tell me how, I'd gladly post it.

3)  When I learn C, I'll contribute.  =)  It was just an idea.

Thanks again!
- Jon