Re: Suggestions for Balsa

On 2001.10.06 22:57 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> One more question: can you be more specific about `If I edit the
> file...'? What file is that? Would it be the same as unsubscribing? If
> it is, the folder is still supposed to be listed, since the MUA needs to
> explore its subtree for subscribed folders/mailboxes, and I think you'd
> want Balsa to show it as a node in the mailbox tree. A client that fails
> to see the subtree is itself broken, as I understand the process.

I guess he meant ~/.mailboxlist which is a text file that UW-IMAP stores
the list of subscribed folders in. Operations on this file are identical
to (UN)SUBSCRIBEing via IMAP commands.

I concur that Outlook express in broken in this respect, and squirrelmail
behaviour can be considered as a, hm, feature.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/