Re: Suggestions for Balsa

On 2001.10.06 13:14 Jon Tai wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I have a few suggestions for Balsa:
>
> 1) Allow moving of multiple messages using drag + drop. Currently, if
> you select more than one message and move it, only the first message
> is moved.

It's tricky, but you can do it: hold down the shift key, click on the
message you selected *first*, and drag.  Not what you'd expect!

> 2) Recognize UW IMAP-style folders as folders, not boxes.  That way
> when you accidentally click on a folder, it won't pop up an error
> about not being able to open the mailbox.

I don't understand that one--but I don't have a uw-imap server to try
things out on!  With Cyrus, a folder that's not a mailbox is listed
with the \noselect flag, and Balsa sets it up as a folder, and not
selectable.  I assume you're referring to a folder in a folder-tree.
Does it show with a mailbox icon?  Can you dump the dialog with the
server?

> 3) Make IMAP mailboxes searchable.  =)

If you feel like contributing the code to do it, we'd love to see it!

> 4) Have Previous, Next, and Next Unread detect messages hidden by
> threading options.  Hitting "Next" currently does not expand the
> thread, so finding a single unread message in a bunch of replies to
> the same topic (which happens frequently in mailing lists) becomes a
> tedious task of clicking little [+] and "Next" buttons.

Yes, please!

> 5) Retain view options (Flat Index, Simple Threading, JWZ Threading)
> when balsa is closed

It is for me--look for ThreadingType in ~/.gnome/balsa, it should be
set.