Re: Slightly improved error checking in send.c

Hi,

On 2001.10.02 23:23 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
>  yeah.... 1.2.1 sounds cool but what about making balsa THREADSAFE ?
>  i dont know how to say this but something causes balsa to exit or
>  freeze when pop3 messages (only when popping) sending with pthreads,
>  accessing the clist with pthreads and so on everything works fine.

A workaround that WorksForMe and also gives some pointers in the right
direction is this:
In Prefs, select "Progress Dialog" "Never" and "Quiet background check". Do
not, ever press "Check", let Balsa do it automatically in the background.
Voila, no more hangs.
That makes me think that the code responsible for communication with the
GUI thread is broken somewhere. As soon as that's put out of use, I didn't
get hangs anymore.
When you press "Check", that code will get used, so checking for mail
manually may hang.

Melanie