Re: Slightly improved error checking in send.c

On 2001.10.03 10:18:25 +0200 M . Thielker wrote:
> On 2001.10.02 23:23 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> >  yeah.... 1.2.1 sounds cool but what about making balsa THREADSAFE ?
> >  i dont know how to say this but something causes balsa to exit or
> >  freeze when pop3 messages (only when popping) sending with pthreads,
> >  accessing the clist with pthreads and so on everything works fine.
>
> A workaround that WorksForMe and also gives some pointers in the right
> direction is this:
> In Prefs, select "Progress Dialog" "Never" and "Quiet background check". Do
> not, ever press "Check", let Balsa do it automatically in the background.
> Voila, no more hangs.
> That makes me think that the code responsible for communication with the
> GUI thread is broken somewhere. As soon as that's put out of use, I didn't
> get hangs anymore.
> When you press "Check", that code will get used, so checking for mail
> manually may hang.

yeah fine but thats not the correct solution, look for people that are
not on a flatrate and need to quickly receive their emails by pressing
check. <temporarely same situation here until german dtag gets dsl here>
but at least thangs for confirming this 'hangup' thingy..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de