Re: Slightly improved error checking in send.c

On 2001.10.02 23:17:32 +0200 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.10.02 17:26 Brian Stafford wrote:
> >Hello All,
> >
> >the attached patch improves error checking after attempting an SMTP
> >connection with a server, it will be particularly helpful for the
> >"connection refused" scenario.  It also slightly revises some old
> >commenting of mine that is no longer accurate.
>
> Commited. Thanks! This one of the pieces I thought were missing.
>
> I think we are getting ready for 1.2.1 (should anything else be fixed
> before that?) I guess we can get a litle bit more liberal with commiting
> new patches after the 1.2.1 release if that's ok with everybody.

yeah.... 1.2.1 sounds cool but what about making balsa THREADSAFE ?
i dont know how to say this but something causes balsa to exit or
freeze when pop3 messages (only when popping) sending with pthreads,
accessing the clist with pthreads and so on everything works fine.

if you followed the mailinglist the past couple of days (weeks) then you
notice that i am not the only one having this problems. after revisiting
my system with certain pthread tests, i found out that my system works
just perfect with pthreads. either its balsa, some deadlocks or too new
libraries. well dont misunderstand me but it really should be fixed the
earlier the better since balsa is the only app here running in no thread
mode. whenever accessing a mailbox with 5000 mails and more it freezes the
entire system for this short time.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de