Re: Balsa + libESMTP patch

El 02 May 2001 18:20:19 +0100, Brian Stafford escribió:
> On Wed,  2 May 17:37 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>
> | > Given that a reliable SMTP client is available for posting mail,
> | > why does one need sendmail to do it instead?
> | >
> | surely you don't sugest we remove the local mta option from balsa ?
>
> Why not?  Nothing is lost.

  I think that removing that option is not a good idea. Anyway in all
Unix systems a local MTA is installed, because a lot of programs
(especially cron.d scripts) needs one to send their status to the local
root. And I prefer sending mail through my local mailer, as it queues my
mails until they can be delivered, and I don't need to use the relay
mail provided by my ISP which is really slow.

  Anyway, I think that using libSMTP in balsa can be a good idea, as a
lot of people coming from Windows are used to put a relay smtp in all
their MUA, and some "Unix people" may choose that this is a good
solution.

  What I thing have no sense to do is removing the local MTA option.
Both things can coexist fairly good.

  Regards.

--
José Carlos García Sogo         Seahorse(-bonobo) developer
jose jaimedelamo eu org         http://seahorse.sourceforge.net

Key-Id: 0x90788E11
Fingerprint = B06B 023F EAA6 37DC 1E62  B079 4BE0 5825 9078 8E11