Yet more suggestions

Hello,

Since we're discussing suggestions, can I make a few?

Firstly, I get on well with Balsa so a big thank you to those involved
in it's development.

1. I write mail with a lot of attachments. Balsa handles big folders well,
so well in fact, that my sentbox just hit 146mb! To help trim it down, it would
be nice to have the size of the file in the message list window.

2. When I append attachments, they tend to come from a small number of
directories. It would be handy to have some sort of history list on the
attachment dialog.

3. I have noticed that one of my folders (mbox format) does not have the
number of unread messages updated. I noted that it was the last one
in the list (beginning with v). I added a dummy mbox starting with Z and
waited for mail to come into the box beginning with V. Typically none
arrived so I edited the Status header line with a text editor. Balsa
crashed. Presumably Balsa doesn't like files edited underneath it - I
just thought I'd mention it. I will continue to find out why, but if
someone knows...

4. When I reply to a message with text and an HTML copy, the HTML appears
in the reply. It's difficult to delete (if it's large) because you
can't click on the first line, scroll to the bottom and Shift-Click
to highlight the text - and delete. Can this behaviour be changed?

5. I have also noticed that sometimes the words in the To: box disappear.
I have never been quite able to find out exactly when this happens but
I think it's something to do with cuting and pasting the address. I am
using Gnome, so the problem may lie there. Also you sometimes get an odd
character after the pasted address.

If you then hit the Send button, nothing happens, which is confusing.
I think it should pop up a message warning that there is no one to
send it to.

Thanks.

--
Ian Leonard
eMail: ileonard@ntlworld.com

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.