Re: Yet more suggestions

On 2001.06.19 11:15:42 +0200 Ian Leonard wrote:
> Hello,

yeah

> 3. I have noticed that one of my folders (mbox format) does not have the
> number of unread messages updated. I noted that it was the last one
> in the list (beginning with v). I added a dummy mbox starting with Z and
> waited for mail to come into the box beginning with V. Typically none
> arrived so I edited the Status header line with a text editor. Balsa
> crashed. Presumably Balsa doesn't like files edited underneath it - I
> just thought I'd mention it. I will continue to find out why, but if
> someone knows...

yeah, i once made a suggestion for this one too (including a few pics)
i am using pop3 accounts and whenever i get new email, the number of
unread and total messages doesnt get updated, also the mailbox where
the new mail goes in (i use procmail to split messages up for certain
mailboxes) wont be hightlighted with another color. i need to enforce
'check' several times (more than 3-4 presses) to get the messagebox
highlighted. it would really be cool, to have them uptdated automatically

e.g. whenever i press 'check' it should automatically update the
numbers of 'unread' and 'total' messages and should also highlight
the messagebox where the new messages went in. i first thought that
this is the cause of procmail (because splitting the messages up
into parts and placing them into their destination mailboxes takes
time.. takes maybe longer than balsa may react) but its not so.
because balsa doesnt update status for inbox outbox sentbox etc.
is there a way to solve this problem, because its really annoying
sometimes (well it annoys me everytime to say the truth).

thanks.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de