Re: Some suggestions and bugs for Balsa 1.1.5

On Mon, 18 June 18:47 Carlos Morgado wrote:

| seems to me balsa is generating the 'return-path' envelope from the
| From line
| for messages that don't have 'return-path'.
| i'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug :)

My take is that it is wrong to do so.  RFC 2822 says that Return-Path:
is an optional trace field.  RFC 2821 says that an MTA is required to
add Return-Path: when a message leaves the SMTP environment.
The purpose of Return-Path and Received headers is for debugging
mail transmission and delivery problems.

The correct behaviour for Balsa is to display Return-Path: if it is
present and do nothing if it is absent.

Brian