Re: libESMTP 0.8

Cool down, folks... we want to write the best mail client ever, right, and
*not* start a silly war over words...

Am 14.06.2001 09:59:54 schrieb(en) christophe barbé:
> I'm also subscribed to the galeon mailing-lists.
> And Ali Akcaagac, I noticed that you've a very good method to discover new
> friends. But dear Ali, you are a smart guy and we all (except you) are just
> nobody. You have so many great ideas. Thank you to be here.

No comment ;-))

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:46:32 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> > On 2001.06.14 09:27:20 +0200 Brian Stafford wrote:
> >
> > .. snip
> >
> > > That is the line that calls
> > >     smtp_option_require_all_recipients (session, 1);
> > >
> > > RTFM - From the README in the libESMTP tarball ...
> >
> > now listen dude... no one has the right to fucking insult me.
> > how the fuck should i know what fucking options i need to enable
> > on some 3rd party library to get things working in some other
> > programmes (specially in a fast growing community like this) ?

First, balsa 1.1.5 is a **DEVELOPMENT** version. This means that you can
encounter any type of bug (and I must admit that I added more than a few with
my patches, and I am *really* sorry about any inconvenience caused by that!).
If you want the bleeding edge, then you sometimes have to fiddle with strange
things. And, if possible, write a *good* bug report (including all details
bugzilla wants to know), or try to find a fix yourself. If you don't want
that, take the stable releases and rest in peace.

Second, when I install a new package, I usually run a `configure --help'
first, as a replacement for reading documentation. I know this is not really
fair, as people took turns to collect all information in the README's...
Anyway, with libesmtp, you will find the output:

  --enable-require-all-recipients Add extra API call, needed for Balsa
[default=no]

Doesn't look *too* difficult for me... And, adding Brian's patch (and this
option, of course), balsa compiled fine upon the first try. Feel free to call
me another fucking asshole writing another fucking insult, but maybe then you
should consider to join some of SE europe's wars instead of this mailing
list... (BTW, Brian, why don't you switch this option on by default? Does this
conflict with any other program using your lib?)

I think that people like Pawel (congratulations for finishing your Ph.D.!!!!)
and, yes!, Brian (and lots of others) do a terrific job (which I could not do,
could you?), so let's try to support them!

Just my $0.01...

	Albrecht.

    Albrecht Dreß  -  Monschauer Straße 22  -  D-53121 Bonn (Germany)
      Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  E-Mail albrecht.dress@arcormail.de