Re: 1.1.7 html/url freezing problems

On 2001-07-27 14:47 Jason A . Smith wrote:
> Okay, the non-threaded version builds now and with this version
> I don't have any problems opening URLs in either the plain text
> or GtkHTML views.

Hm,

gnome_url_show() uses gnome_exec_async() and fork to run the browser. I
wonder if this function somehow interacts with threaded code. Does
anybody has some doc on "how should MT-enabled programs fork?" Files to
close? mutexes to lock/unlock?

The libraries you have got are almost identical mine and the only major
difference is I run single processor box...

Concerning the performance difference, itmight be useful to estimate the
UI overhead during mailbox opening...

/pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202