Re: 1.1.7 html/url freezing problems

I am seeing the exact same freeze behaviour with the current cvs
version when I click on a highlighted URL.  I have been away
from my email for a while and don't remember who the original poster
was.  Could this be a thread deadlock bug only seen on SMP systems?

I tried to get a backtrace but it doesn't seem to helpful:
Is one of the threads exiting prematurely?

$ gdb ./balsa
GNU gdb 5.0rh-5 Red Hat Linux 7.1
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: ./balsa-cvs
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 22605)]

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libpsy.so",

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libpsy.so",
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 22606)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 22606.
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 22607)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 22607.
LWP 22607 exited.
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 22608)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 22608.
LWP 22608 exited.
LWP 22606 exited.

[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 22605)]
0x40193f44 in __libc_read () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
(gdb) info threads
  4 Thread 2051 (unknown thread_db state 1)  __strtol_internal (nptr=???, endptr=???, base=???, group=???) at eval.c:36
  3 Thread 1026 (unknown thread_db state 1)  __strtol_internal (nptr=???, endptr=???, base=???, group=???) at eval.c:36
  2 Thread 2049 (LWP 22606)  Couldn't get registers: No such process.
(gdb) thread apply all where

Thread 4 (Thread 2051 (unknown thread_db state 1)):
#0  __strtol_internal (nptr=???, endptr=???, base=???, group=???) at eval.c:36

Thread 3 (Thread 1026 (unknown thread_db state 1)):
#0  __strtol_internal (nptr=???, endptr=???, base=???, group=???) at eval.c:36
Couldn't get registers: No such process.