Re: PATCH: Misc GUI fixes

Hi,

On 2001.07.15 03:44 Carlos Morgado wrote:

> more buttons on the toolbar ? i think that would cluter it even more.

Well, they're optional.... if you set them to icons only, the way I do, you
will find that there's plenty of room for buttons - the buttons on my
toolbar take up only about a third of the available space. You could, as an
option, provide separate buttons for each field and a button for the whole
header area, or maybe two custom configurations of fields to display with a
toolbar button to toggle between the two. For example, one could be set up
to show the To: and Subject: fields, so I can identify which message I'm
writing into when several are open at once, the other to display From:, To:
Subject: and Cc:, plus attachments if needed. A single click would then
switch between the two.
It is generally bad user interface style to have a resizable window for
fixed size content, IMHO.

Melanie