Re: PATCH: Misc GUI fixes

On 2001.07.15 03:05 Carlos Morgado wrote:

> that's the main idea. if you don't like what it does, don't use ;)
> but please, keep the user preferences open ;)

The main idea is to have a tool that the user can use to make everything
illegible and then be unable to fix it? I was just playing with it when I
wrote a message - I ended up having to copy the text to a new message window
because the header fields had become utterly inaccessble.
User preference can be safely applied through the options on the view menu,
and as a matter of fact, for each header field a toolbar button could be
added to make things even easier. What is there now is dangerous to the
novice user, every user will make that mistake once, if she's playful
enough.
I think that box needs to be gone and other means to achieve the desired
results should be added if the view menu is not enough.

That's my $.02

Melanie