Re: PATCH: Misc GUI fixes

Em Dom, 15 Jul 2001 02:11:01 M . Thielker escreveu:
> On 2001.07.15 03:05 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> >

> > that's the main idea. if you don't like what it does, don't use ;)
> > but please, keep the user preferences open ;)
>
> The main idea is to have a tool that the user can use to make everything
> illegible and then be unable to fix it? I was just playing with it when I
> wrote a message - I ended up having to copy the text to a new message window
> because the header fields had become utterly inaccessble.

ok. that is a bug. the vertical alignment must be smart enough to do something
usefull with the available space. maybe making a attachments box less size
greedy

otherwise it's really neat when you're done with the headers and want to
maximize
writing space.

> User preference can be safely applied through the options on the view menu,

not the same thing.

> and as a matter of fact, for each header field a toolbar button could be
> added to make things even easier. What is there now is dangerous to the

more buttons on the toolbar ? i think that would cluter it even more.

> novice user, every user will make that mistake once, if she's playful
> enough.
> I think that box needs to be gone and other means to achieve the desired
> results should be added if the view menu is not enough.

making the table above the separator fixed size might be a way to go.
the user can cover it with the edit box but the structure of the input
fields wouldn't be elastic and wouldn't get mangled

"So, if anybody wants to have hardware sent to them: don't call me, but
instead write your own unix operating system.  It has worked every time
for me." - Linus Torvalds, author of Linux (Unix-like) OS