Re: balsa, and other graphics mailer are slow

On Jan 18 2001 18:18 Andrew Ferguson wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:38:16 chbm@chbm.nu wrote:
> > one idea i have been toying with was build the ctree from down to up and
> > start displaying as soon as the bottom page is done. i'm not sure if this
> > is possible or the impact it would have on redraw/refresh events. this
> > would not speed up balsa, but would lower the latency the user
> > experiences. this is particularly true for imap mailboxes. comments ?
>
> Sounds like a good idea to me. Parsing 25 megs of mbox mail takes about
> 1:10 under average conditions with my K6-2 500. I had tried pronto for a
> bit (with mysql support), but I really love balsa/fetchmail/procmail and
> came back to it. Anything that can be done to reduce the amount of time
> spent creating the clist or in mbox_parse_mailbox() in libmutt, would be
> *greatly* appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you guys split your mail into separate
mailboxes? Or archive older mail? I can't imagine any program would
handle a mailbox of that size gracefully...

25 MB! Yikes! :-)

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                    The gent who wakes up and finds himself
guentherm@asme.org                  a success hasn't been asleep.