Re: balsa, and other graphics mailer are slow

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:38:16 chbm@chbm.nu wrote:
> one idea i have been toying with was build the ctree from down to up and
> start displaying as soon as the bottom page is done. i'm not sure if this
> is possible or the impact it would have on redraw/refresh events. this
> would not speed up balsa, but would lower the latency the user
> experiences. this is particularly true for imap mailboxes. comments ?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Parsing 25 megs of mbox mail takes about
1:10 under average conditions with my K6-2 500. I had tried pronto for a
bit (with mysql support), but I really love balsa/fetchmail/procmail and
came back to it. Anything that can be done to reduce the amount of time
spent creating the clist or in mbox_parse_mailbox() in libmutt, would be
*greatly* appreciated.

Andrew Ferguson
http://owsla.cjb.net | andrew@owsla.cjb.net
Tintin Webring: http://owsla.cjb.net/tintin/ring/