Re: Interacting with Balsa.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

> One of the main things I use my PC for is Home Automation, and I'm
> implementing a system using Dallas iButtons to enable the PC to tell who,
> if anyone, is at home.
>
> One of the things I'd like to do is when someone arrives home is announce
> how much mail is waiting for them. Is there any way an external program can
> poll Balsa to find out how much unread mail is in each folder?

depends on whether you"re talking local mail or IMAP mail or what? In Unix
mail and the program you view it with are usually more separate than you
seem to be thinking -- I'd look at where the mail is first, then look on
freshmeat for programs that check mail. There are lots. I also don't think
that Balsa is safe to leave open for long periods of time, it has memory
leaks that will cause problems.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: It's what's for dinner!