Interacting with Balsa.

One of the main things I use my PC for is Home Automation, and I'm
implementing a system using Dallas iButtons to enable the PC to tell who,
if anyone, is at home.

One of the things I'd like to do is when someone arrives home is announce
how much mail is waiting for them. Is there any way an external program can
poll Balsa to find out how much unread mail is in each folder?
--
                                ,,,
                               (o o)