Re: imap servers

On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 19:11:56 Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> > > Courier uses maildir as storage, so you can access your messages
> > > as maildir also. Balsa does support maildirs.
> > >

> > Balsa's not the concern, fetchmail is.
>
> What about fetchmail? It can fetch messages from imap server
> without problems. But then why do you need imap at all?
> Mail client should work directly with imap server, not
> like with pop3 server, where you just retrieve messages
> and that's all.
>
> Nerijus

It should, but it didn't. With five or so IMAP boxes being accessed,
Balsa was very unstable. >3 crashes a day and plenty of error messages
about losing lock on imap boxes. Could have been instability in the imap
server, but I've already gone to the trouble of shifting mail onto the
local boxes so it's kind of a moot point now.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: It's what's for dinner!