Re: PGP/MIME [was Re: Balsa Encrypts messages with GnuPG!]

I looked at your API, and I must admit it looks really nice, and would be a
much better implementation than what I have written. BTW, Mine does also
support encryption and sign+encrypt, but like I said before, only for the
main part of the message (the one typed in the window). All the rest is
left untouched. I cleaned up the code, and now it handles basic exceptions
like bad password, missing key, missing gpg binary, and such, but the way
the code handles these things will probably have to change slightly for
decrypt/verify as it's really somewhat of a hack.

Anyway, what's the best way to get my code into the hands of someone, or
everyone, to review it and make a decision about adding it or chucking it
or whatever? I've looked through the FAQ's and I can't really see how to do
it (maybe I overlooked it?). This is my first open-source/cvs contribution.

As far as inline "hacks," they aren't as good as PGP/MIME, but they are
still used. In fact, Eudora uses inline encryption by default (at least on
the version I have). I would imagine that there are clients that only
support inline encryption (don't have any evidence because I don't have a
linux mailer that supports PGP/MIME :) ).

Anyway, I strongly agree with the use of GMime. If I knew about it a week
ago, I would have started with that.

Any information on how to submit what I have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alan

[no signed message this time, I made my point already :)]