Re: Balsa on RedHat 6.2

Am 2001.01.03 08:32:16 +0100 schrieb(en) Geoffrey Dann:
> This must be obvious, but it's eluded me.
> Is there an easy way to add balsa to a redhat 6.2 system?
> I understand that the gnome-libs v 1.2 are needed.
> But gnome libs 1.2 wants to see glibc 2.2
> I"m afraid of breaking something by upgrading glibc blindly.

gnome-libs-1.2 do not need glibc-2.2. They require gtk+-1.2.x where this
package requires glib-1.2.x. So you do not need to update your C-Library
from version 2.1.3 to 2.2.x.

> The balsa site says their rpms were built on a redhat 6.2 system, so it
> must be possible.

I am running RH 6.2 and Balsa-1.0.1 does compile and run without problems.
Make sure that you have installed the required packages listed at the
homepage.  If you are unsure about your installed stuff you may want to
rebuild the source-rpm which you can find one the homepage for downloading.
('rpm --rebuild paket-src.rpm')
> Thanks...
> 				geoff

Regards,