Re: Handling of delete with IMAP

On 2001.12.15 18:50 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2001.12.15 12:09 Alexander Skwar wrote:
>> Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>>
>>> Comments or suggestions?
>>
>> This sounds very good!  However, if it's possible, I'd like to have a
>> new button "expunge" (or somesuch) which does these changes
>
> Could one of the toolbar gurus comment?

A new button is not a problem. Making libmutt _not_ expunge deleted
messages on close (if this would be desired) is a more delicate question,
because (quoting rfc-2060) IMAP's close automatically expunges deleted
messages:

6.4.2.  CLOSE Command

The CLOSE command permanently removes from the currently selected
       mailbox all messages that have the \Deleted flag set, and returns
       to authenticated state from selected state.  No untagged EXPUNGE

-pawel
--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/