Re: postpone -> attachments lost

On Wed, 29 August 10:21 Peter Bloomfield wrote:

> Personally, I like the convenience of the `Quote' button in NS-Messenger: I
> turn
> *off* automatic quoting of the original in replies (not an option in Balsa!),
> and
> then I can quote manually if I want to (one click) or include the text of
> another
> message by selecting it and hitting `Quote' (two+ clicks).

I'd forgotten about that feature!  But yes, when you want to edit quoted parts
of a message, that is very useful.  I dislike the automatic quoting, it's
hardly ever what I want.  Mind you, line folding in conjunction with '> '
quotes is still a pain.

> I'd like to see that convenience in Balsa, and I for one would use it. Not the
> highest priority, of course!

Actually, I think perhaps that the manual facility should always be there in
addition to support for RFC 2822 resending or including a "message/rfc822"
MIME part.  Indeed, the manual quote facility could be useful in conjunction
with MIME because the original message can be included exactly as received for
reference and the part containing the reply can quote only the relevant parts
of the original along with the new commentary.

Brian