Re: pre-connect and smtp ?

On Mon, 20 August 21:33 christophe barbe wrote:
> I've add your patch but the smrp session seems to be the same and my
> request is rejected.

OK. It is likely that your MTA does not permit unauthorised relay.
I'm surmising that you must either present a valid client certificate
or be connecting from the localhost.  I don't see the MTA offering the
AUTH extension in the protocol trace you sent, so presumably it isn't
offered after securing the connection with STARTTLS either.

At present libESMTP does not implement certificate handling for STARTTLS.
Looks like I'm going to have to write that code :)  The main reason I haven't
done so yet is that certificate verification strategies are a little different
for SMTP compared to session mode protocols.  I need to take advice on that
issue.

For now you will have to use port forwarding.  Presumably the MTA is fooled
into believing that you are on the localhost and permits relay.  Port
forwarding,
it seems, can bypass a system administrator's access control strategies as
well as all its other problems.

Brian