Re: 2 borkage detected

On 2001.08.18 10:46:34 +0200 M . Thielker wrote:
> Well, if a deleted message stays shadowed in the folder where it was deleted
> from, that would be a reason for me to _discontinue_ using Balsa! I just
> _hate_ programs that do this, it just clutters the inbox! When I trash a
> message, I want it to be _gone_! So this ought to be a prefs option to
> either show deleted messages, or don't.

well, yes, the current deletebutton has two purposes, either move a message
from a box to the trashbox, or pressing it again, remove it completely.

this theory with shadowing was just an idea at all. it shows where deleted
message comes from. but yes a special preferences option for this may be
a good idea to turn this on or off

- the deleted message gets MOVED from e.g. inbox to trashbox so the physical
  mail is in trashbox but not in inbox anymore.
- now the trashed mail shows with a prefs where it comes from e.g. if it was
  moved from inbox to trash then show an shadowed mailheader in the inbox
  containing the 'trash' symbol otherwise dont show anything (as chosen
  in the prefs)

  - oki now an if else clause.
    - if delete trash on empty was selected then all messages in trash gets
      deleted when leaving balsa, so also the references are beeing deleted
      (no shadow information, since these infos are stored in the deleted
      mail, now that the deleted mail is not present anymore, theres nothing
      to take care off)
    - else show shadows when balsa was load.

- this cluttering thingy is quite understandable but nothing will be done
  with the inbox, draftbox or whatever, all stuff is getting stored in the
  delete message..

but well, it was only a statement, no need to take it to seriously but i think
you already got the idea, look at outlook or evolution they behave the same
as i wanted to state here.

> OTOH, remembering where a trashed message came from is a GoodThing, and I
> think that information gets "forgotten", so the undelete doesn't work.
> I'll look into it, I have become quite proficient at this message moving
> stuff lately :)

yeah hehehe cool, well i think you got the point but that 'undelete' message
and 'wrong count' problem should be solved asap i dont think a stable 1.2
version should have any borkage in it. fixing problems and bad issues for 1.2
should be a primary idea.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de