Re: Umlauts in 1.1.7

On Wed,  8 August 07:55 Franz M . Sauerzopf wrote:
> To Brian and Albrecht:
> (I am reading the digest only, so it is a bit hard to find the correct
> addressates)
>
> Obviously, the two lines

> can actually change my balsa's behaviour to the correct one. I checked this
> following Albrecht's previous posting. Now I understand, why I can read some
> messages, and not others.
>
> But why can both, Albrecht and Olaf read both my nessages without problem.
> btw, I have changed my system to LC_ALL="de", which did not change the display
> of mails.

That isn't enough, try setting LC_ALL (or LANG) to "de_DE" or
"de_DE.ISO-8859-1".
For reasons I totally fail to understand, the character set when "de" is
specified is the US-ASCII characters only, but de_DE gets accented characters
by default!  OTOH "de_DE.ISO-8859-1" specifies the character set explicitly.

Brian