Re: a little bit building (compose window size)

On 2001.04.06 13:11 brokkolo wrote:

> i also beleve the problem is in the word wrapping:
> i don't like word wrapping but if i don't use it
> the message window
> stays large...
>
> > What finally worked for
> > me, was to delete the ~/.gnome/balsa directory.
>
> already tryied that, didn't work for me..

OK...I think I'm getting somewhere. I've been able to CAUSE, and FIX this problem. Unfortunately, to fix it, you MUST use certain fonts...for instance: the "fixed" font.

It doesn't seem to matter whether I turn word-wrap on or off, but depending on the font, it happens to some degree. When I'm using Helvetica (adobe), it barely happens (enough that I don't care), but changing to others, tends to spread the screen. And depending on the font, the minimum width of the window is different. Give "fixed" a try and tell us what you see (besides ugly fonts <g>).

> > "helvetica (adobe)" 15pt, and set the wrap to
> > "70" so now I'm happy,
>
> so you are using wordwrap...
> i have problems when i don't use it...

I turned it off...and it's working??

> this is what i use:

Most excellent...thanks! I was using:

^>..

but I think mine is a little "too" simple. But what I meant by not working was regarding the "quoted text secondary color" option. I set the "quoted text primary color" to red, and the secondary to green. But the secondary always seems to be a darker shade of the primary. Oh well...not a big deal.

Sure wish I could help with development, but I'm no hacker... :-(

HTH,
--
Eric Dexter