a little bit building

I use RH 7, and RH 6.2 on a laptop (smallest Unix-box in town, a Libretto 100ct). When i
use Balsa on the
RH 6.2 (with telnet) there is no problems. However, on the RH7 the mail compose window is
way too wide, and the cursor
is very much to the right in the To:-field. (Those are independent of the
window-manager). Also there are sudden crashes when i move or sort messages.
After this, when Balsa is running again, the messages are both in the inbox and in the
folder to which i
moved them. Where to start ?  I use Balse 1.1.3, what should be updated - or what should
it be ?

-maRia