Replacement for BalsaMessage - Take 2

On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 17:58:08 Ian Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made some changes to the patch in order to fix many of the
problems with
> the 1st incarnation.

Looks good (I like that new header style, especially) except that it
does not fit well on screen. And from a userinterface standpoint, there are
far to many scrollbars -- I count 4.

Conceptionally, I think most people consider a message or a letÿèxÿæ8ÿè8DATA
ter one
object. Even with attachments. I think balsa should display it that way.
So, instead of having independant panes for the headers, the attachments,
and the message, it should all be one pane, scrollable with one
scrollbar. Not only does this make sense from a UI perspective, but it also makes
it fit on my 13" monitor.

So, the window would look like (pardon the ASCII art) this:

|			MENUS & TOLBARS					  |
|---------------------------ÿèxÿæ8ÿè8DATA
--------------------------|
|	|_|										|_|
| M	| |										| |
| A	| |	MESSAGE LIST						| |
| I	| |										| |
| L	| |										|_|
| B	|_|_________________________________________|_|
| O	|_|	HEADERS								|_|
| X	| |  -------------------------------------  | |
| E	| |	BODY								| |
| S	| |  -------------------------------------  | |	<- One
scrollbar
|	| |	ATTACHMENTS							| |

I think that the attachments shÿèxÿæ8ÿè8DATA
ould go at the bottom. The reasoning is
this: Before opening attachments, you should look at the message to see
what they are.

In short: If we could have the old single-scrolling + the new interface,
it'd be great.