Problems compiling CVS version 04/05/2000

Hello all. I'm having problems compiling balsa latest CVS.

 Error:  gob --no-private-header balsa-initdruid.gob
         make[2]: gob:  Command not found

---What is gob?  I've tried it with and without thread support and I still get
that error.  Just running ./autogen.sh with no options still produces same
result.  Any help at all would be appreciated.  Thank you.

--
David W. Jablonski
Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation