Re: Filtering Options?

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 09:35:18AM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> But the MUA can pipe messages back through procmail for later
> refiltering.

But the front-end should be able to tell the user what will happen before
the user commits to some action.  Then, as someone has already suggested,
Balsa would have to interface to the procmailrc files itself, which I don't
think is a clean solution.

> Well - client-side and server-side filtering both have obvious
> advantages.  You've listed the advantages of client-side.  The advantage
> of server-side is simply that you don't have to download all the
> messages!

No, what I had imagined was that Balsa would have the _rules_ for
filtering, and could execute those rules, per user command, on the imap
folders remotely.

Also, can procmail remotely manage IMAP folders and resort messages without
downloading them?

tom