Release thoughts

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:52:23 Jules Bean wrote:
> OK, I got a debian package compiled now.  I just hacked out the
> macros/Makefile.am --- or, rather, I hacked out the line which did
> anything.

I edited the CVS version; see if that will work.

> There's one thing that would definitely have to change before I could use
> balsa as my MUA, and that's a configurable 'sent-box'.  I need my
> sent-mail to be appended to an IMAP folder.  I'll leave it to the balsa
> experts to say whether or not that is feasible for this release.

I believe it is possible for you to do this currently, although I'm fairly
sure it would require .balsarc editing. Alternatively, you might try
removing your sentbox (moving to a temporary location, more likely), then
creating a new IMAP mailbox called 'sentbox'.

> The logical way to present this is as an expandable folder in the mailbox
> pane.  How hard would it be to add folders within folders to the balsa
> kernel?

Balsa does support this part -- try creating a directory under your maildir.
I do not think it supports this with IMAP.

Peter Williams peter@newton.cx