Release thoughts

OK, I got a debian package compiled now.  I just hacked out the
macros/Makefile.am --- or, rather, I hacked out the line which did
anything.

Balsa has come on lots in the last few weeks.  Well done everyone!  The
IMAP support is nice 'n' fast, too.

There's one thing that would definitely have to change before I could use
balsa as my MUA, and that's a configurable 'sent-box'.  I need my
sent-mail to be appended to an IMAP folder.  I'll leave it to the balsa
experts to say whether or not that is feasible for this release.

Another thing which I personally *do* think we should put in before
release is line wrapping.  It's very bad netiquette to send unwrapped
mail, and it will give balsa users a bad name in some circles.  It's not
really very hard to write, either.

On a definitely not-for-this-release note, one thing I would like to see
very soon is LISTable IMAP directories. There is an IMAP command which is
analogous to 'ls ~/mail' which shows all folders - meaning the MUA doesn't
need to be configured to see new folders, it just checks for them every
time it logs on.

The logical way to present this is as an expandable folder in the mailbox
pane.  How hard would it be to add folders within folders to the balsa
kernel?

Jules