Re: Unidentified subject! (Two Balsas crash)

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Peter Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:03:56 Jules Bean wrote:
>
> > There may, or may not, be other solutions to this.  (Superficially, just
> > flock()'ing the mailboxes should be enough, but I haven't thought it
> > through carefully). In any case, I'm not going to use balsa as a local
> > mail reader, I'm going to use it as an IMAP reader, and IMAP *does*
> > support multiple concurrent connections. [even though, as you say, PINE
> > doesn't very well]. It would be foolish to deny balsa users IMAP's
> > functionality, unless there's a good reason.
> >

> I believe with David Pickens' multithreading one would not need multiple
> instances of Balsa to check an IMAP account (or accounts) concurrently.

But that's not my point.

My point is, there's no reason, for IMAP, why balsa shouldn't allow me
more than one simultaneous instance.

Why would I want more than one simultaneous instance?  Typically, because
I'm away from my desk and running another balsa on another display.

Jules