Re: Send Mail / messaging / misc. ramblings

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Mike Palczewski wrote:

> as far as the mailboxes close current will close the mailbox that is
> in the front in the main window.  close will close the the window selected
> in the mailbox list.
> IMHO that whole mailboxes menu is not neaded.  how about a close button
> on the toolbar.  and automatic commits, deleting a message will move
> it to the trash and commit the mailbox.

Automatic commits as an option, yes.  But not required.

There are really two different approaches to message deletion.  One is the
'mark deleted' followed by 'actually delete'.  The other is 'move to
trash' followed by 'empty trash'.

The first approach is the traditional one used in IMAP, so I think we
should support it at least for IMAP.  The second is more familiar to many
people, and we should definitely support that too.

Jules