Re: GNOME.Asia confirmation

Hi

Maybe GNOME.Asia committee could written agreement?
Cause all of us make GNOME forward in Asia, right?

Max

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Arun Raghavan <arun accosted net> wrote:
On 13 June 2017 at 04:39, Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Hi Bin Li,

Thanks for your quick response to our request!

Regarding the copyright question - I think we may need to explicitly have a
written agreement in place to acknowledge that you are using GNOME's logo
and trademark in a way that does not comply with the usual trademark and
logo terms of use. We'll discuss this during tomorrow's meeting and let you
know what else to do.

One thing I'm curious about here -- who would such an agreement be with?

Since the organising team is different every year, we don't really
have a central entity (or any sort of entity at all), and I've always
viewed GNOME Asia being under the ambit of the GNOME Foundation in
some sense.

Probably something to figure out so we make sure the GNOME IP is
protected while keeping the overhead of running this event at a
minimum.

Cheers,
Arun